05 Aug Will you help name me?
Every once in awhile, a design comes along that needs a bit of help. Such is the case now. You see…this lovely vest has no name. The design was a joy to work up, and the finished vest came out exactly as pictured in my mind. And while I am generally narrowing the list of names for a design…a name for this design simply escapes me.
So I’ve decided to hold a “Naming Contest”! Here are the rules…….
1. A contestant may enter as many names as they wish by posting a comment to this article – one name per comment post. The comment should include why the contestant feels their name submission fits the design best, and include a valid email address.
2. Fellow contestants, and those just commenting, can vote for any names they particularly like. Post a comment/reply to the “Name Submission Comment” to vote.
3. Once a name has been submitted it cannot be submitted again by another contestant.
4. Names must be submitted by midnight MDT on August 10th, 2014 to be considered. Voting will continue through August 11th.
5. I will choose the name I like best – votes can and probably will influence my choice.
6. The contestant submitting the winning name will receive a personalized PDF of the published vest design, may choose a second PDF pattern from my Desert Rose Designs pattern line, and will receive a set of 6 stitch markers crafted especially for them. Pretty sweet!
6. The winning name will be announced on August 13th, after I’ve been in contact with the winner. If I am unable to reach the winner, I will choose one runner up. Since the winner will be contacted by email ~ please make sure your name submission has a valid email address and your spam filter will not block emails from “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
Good luck to everyone choosing to enter my contest! I know there are some very creative people out there and this lovely vest will have a name on Aug 13th.
Happy Knitting ~ Jean
Contest legal info: No purchase is necessary to win. Any taxes are the responsibility of the winner. The total value of the offered prize is $30, but will depend on the second pattern chosen. Patterns received as a prize are not eligible for “Rosebud” awards. Stitch marker shipping will be paid by Desert Rose Designs.